This evening when I stopped at the gas station to put in my meager amount of gas money, I noticed a cat across the parking lot. He was laying on the ground, very comfortable and watching all the cars coming in and out. He didn't seem inclined to move at all, in fact he seemed very pleased with himself, as most cats seem to be.
When the kids noticed him, the questions began. "Mommy, why is he outside", "Mommy do you think he has food"? I explained that since he looked comfortable he must be an outside cat and can take care of himself. Zach then remarked, "Mommy, I bet he's an attack cat. If you don't pay for your gas, he attacks you." All I could do was laugh!! And since we paid for our gas, we will never know:)
If the world were really as children imagine it, trying to make sense of it, it might turn out to be more fun. Although if people kept attack cats the size of a Doberman we would be out of the realm of fun and into the horrific. So maybe it is better that they just imagine.
ReplyDelete