Monday, June 20, 2011

An End And A Beginning

Tomorrow is the last day of school for my children.  I am thankful that it is here, we can have a bit of a slower pace in the morning, do fun things together and begin our summer.  It never fails that as one thing comes to a close, another opens.  It's kind of nice to be always anticipating what's coming and at least this year we are anticipating good things; unlike last year's uncertainty.

Now is not only the beginning of summer with my babies, but we are anticipating a much needed vacation South.  It will do my heart good to be with my Southern family.  We have also started a new beginning with a new church for our family.  We are so blessed by this new church, so much love the invitations for lunch and visits kept coming left and right.  I can't stop smiling; I haven't been this excited about church in years.  My spiritual life was all but dead, I had truly left my first love...but I'm back!  By God's grace and love I am back.  Ready to worship, minister in whatever capacity and possibly even consider something I never thought I would consider again...becoming a member of a congregation.

Another thing on the 'new' front is the wonderful work we have been blessed to witness in a dear loved one.  As we pray for him, we see God working in wonderful ways.  So grateful for family and the way that God gives us our hearts desires.  One of my desires was just to minister to a person in need.  That person came in the form of a dear loved one, and David and I feel so special to be a part of his life again.  Let's just say God is mighty and can work miracles if we just believe it!  This is in no way to David's and my glory...only to the glory of our risen Saviour:)  To watch this person break free from the things he was bound to and turn into this amazing, responsible man is such a privilege.  I wake up smiling, anticipating what God will do today for us, for our friend in need, for our children.

I actually have the desire to play the piano and violin in church service again...something I haven't done in over 10 years.  How exciting to feel like God can still use me, love me, accept me back into his open waiting arms:) 

On another 'new' note, my parents have made settlement on their retirement home!!  It is a true fixer-upper and we have been over there in force to demo the inside completely and clean up the yard!  A huge thanks to Sean Barner for all his REALLY HARD work...you've earned some respect from my family as we work along side you.  Keep up the good work, you're doing great!  It's nice to have a project to work on with my Dad and Mom again.  I miss those times when dad and I would work together, and jump at every chance to do so now that I'm grown and have kids of my own.  And I have to say we do make a pretty good team...whatever we're getting ourselves into!  They are happy to have about two acres of wooded land that their "new" house.  I put new in quotes because the house is about 50 years old, but by the time we are done with it, it will be new:)

Rosie always says we are into some project on the house...now that we ran out of money for our house, we're spending mom and dad's money:)  I've always found that a family that can do projects together...stays together.  I am happy for my parents as they will be debt free once they sell their current house; a dream we have all had for them for many years.  Congrats mom and dad...God has truly blessed you in ways only He can.

No comments:

Post a Comment