I think David and I have just about decided that the new church we are attending is "the one" for us. The big test was going to be if I went when David had to work. You see the way his schedule works out he has one month of weekends off, and then works every weekend the following month. So I knew my big test would come when he couldn't be there.
I can't even tell you how excited I was to get up and get the kiddos ready to head out the door...we were even a little early!! Yes, early! When you want to do something you put all excuses aside and you just do it. Brandon was a little teary when I picked him up, but mommy was recharged and ready to take my little man:) Zach and Julia had a great morning and have been singing Bible songs for most of the day. The worship service was just that...WORSHIP, and I soaked in every minute of it. My heart has longed for worship, and I have found a place for that in this church.
The sermon was great too. It was titled "Playing The Blame Game". I did a lot of nodding in agreement this morning. Blaming others sure is easier than taking responsibility for my actions. Pastor took us to a passage in Genesis...you know the one where the Lord is walking in the garden after Eve sinned. He asked Adam about what had happened and Adam blamed Eve...when he asked Eve, she blamed the serpent. Blame goes all the way back to the beginning!!
I think the part that really hit home is when he was talking about using past things that have been done to us (offenses) as our excuse to be bitter people today. He said a wise man once said, "Bitterness is a pill we swallow hoping the other person dies". He said when someone offends us (not just hurts our feelings, I mean really offends us) we have two choices. We can overlook the transgression or we can lovingly confront the person. He also mentioned people who look for hurts like treasures, and instead of taking care of them they tuck them in their pocket and hold onto them for a later date to take out and use against the person who hurt them.
My best Northern friend and her children went with us this morning and had a great time as well:) I look forward to next week and getting filled up with the Lord's Word.
Still praying for a miracle to happen so our trip south can happen in August:) Signing out, happy, blessed and tired.
No comments:
Post a Comment