Saturday, June 25, 2011

The Proof Is In the Pudding

For not knowing where a particular phrase comes from, or even what it really means for that matter, I have heard the phrase, "The proof is in the pudding" many times.  My dad always says that if someone has changed their ways, the proof is in the pudding, and to me it means that the change will last if it is a true change. 

I say all this to say we are going on our fourth week at our new church, and David has only been able to go with us one week out of all four due to work.  I am still enthused and can't wait for my weekly recharge and fellowship with other Christians.  It's been a long time since I've felt this way, and I sure am enjoying it!  Last week we had a great special speaker, Dr. Jimmy DeYoung.  He was an awesome speaker on end time events and taught us some great tips for helping read through the book of Revelation.  An amazing man of God; he made all of us excited for the return of Christ!

I have even been getting everyone's clothes out and ironed the night before, just want to make getting out the door even less stressful.  Tomorrow will be the last week that David has to work the whole weekend and he will be able to go with us again.  But even without my right hand man, I am happy in this church, and the kids are happy and God is moving in my life and teaching me things again.  It feels good to be back in that place, a real relationship with my God.

No comments:

Post a Comment