Well a true miracle has happened, and in the process some kiddos were able to see that their prayers reach the ears of their Heavenly Father.
After I said that we were postponing our Mississippi trip I commented to my Mom that it was interesting that just when we had it all planned out our way, God changes things. Her response, "Well how could it be a miracle if it all went according to your plan"? I told Rosie about the postponement and although she was disappointed I knew she would lovingly understand.
Last night we went to dinner with the friends who are graciously lending us their camper for the trip, and I happened to tell them about the fact that we couldn't go because we didn't have the money to put new tires on David's truck. We were disappointed but safety and making sure our bills are covered obviously has to come before a "want". If you ask me we are way beyond just wanting a visit at this point,but since it's not necessary for survival...
When I told Kim and Rob about the tires, they said, "We already talked about it and we want you to take our truck". Rob's truck is already set up for towing, and has plenty of seating for all five of us!! I could have cried! How amazing that God answered this "need". I hesitated before calling Rose to tell her about the provision of the truck because the other money was certainly not on the horizon. So I didn't want her to get her hopes up and then be crushed again. Instead I said to myself, "God is in the business of miracles, so I'm going to believe that this is really going to happen. Trust and believe and rest".
After I told Rosie about the answer to prayer she told me that her little boy Micah had prayed at one meal, "Dear Lord please help Zach to come here and it not cost them money". Rose smiled thinking that he meant that we would get the money to come, not that it wouldn't cost us anything. Later in the afternoon I received a surprise phone call. Early last year our van was having lots of problems and we felt like we might have a lemon. We contacted a lawyer that handles these types of cases, simply looking for the problems to be fixed. We knew that worst case scenario we would walk away with no money and still have our van. But the main thing was that we didn't have to pay the lawyer to do the work as he would get his payment directly from GM.
Well the surprise phone call was an offer to settle out of court. The money is enough to cover all the bills for the month that we are going away in, and gas and food money for the round trip!!! I was screaming with excitement when I called Rose back to tell her that Micah's prayers had been answered. And better yet, it was answered EXACTLY the way he prayed for it, none of this has cost us any money! PRAISE GOD!! We know that it is God's will for us to do something when it all falls into place without any effort on our own. Oh don't get me wrong we were willing to work extra hours, and I even perused the obituaries hoping a long lost rich relative left me some money:)
God's ways are so obviously better than our own. He always promised to meet our needs, but a trip south was not a need, it was a want. God saw fit to give me something that my heart has been desiring for so long. I feel so special that God wants to give me 'fun' things too!!
My kids are going to bug out when they see the camper pulling in the yard in just a few weeks so we can start packing!!! Mississippi Rose, HERE WE COME!! Prayer works! And so does having faith in the fact that God is bigger than my biggest doubt. I will cry when I see my Rose, I can't wait!
Obviously, I like this post very much.
ReplyDeleteTruly, God can, but we doubt so strongly!
I wish I could pray as believingly as Micah did. I am very glad hat y'all are coming, and that you will have such great traveling arrangements.